GLOW by HASHTAG LIFE
If the last few months have taught us anything, it is to be more self-sufficient, whether that be cooking, cleaning, exercising, home-schooling kids, or painting our own nails. In those days spent in lockdown frustration, maybe you wished you could do better at a home facial regime? Well, the team at Hashtag Life have kept some notes on products recently tried and tested, and here are the top picks.
#1. RODIAL VIT C BRIGHTENING CLEANSER
A great way to start your morning. This Rodial Vit C Brightening Cleanser is an intensive, non-abrasive daily gel facial cleanser that works to improve skin texture and brighten the complexion. It definitely will wake up your skin due to the complex combination of Vitamin C and exfoliating fruit AHAs (as well as Glycolic and Lactic Acids) to deeply cleanse skin, purifying and tightening pores. It also contains blood orange water, which is an antioxidant and anti-free radical to purify pores. Skin will feel more even toned and brighter with a more refined complexion providing a youthful glow.
How to Use: To a damp face, apply a few drops and lightly massage. It will feel cool on the skin and turns in to a silky foam when added with water.
#2. MURAD HYDRATING TONER
It is always important to use a toner after cleansing your face. We found that Murad Hydrating Toner is perfect for balancing your skin’s pH level and replenishing lost moisture. It is formulated with soothing Chamomile and Cucumber Extract alongside toning Witch Hazel. This toner will instantly refresh the skin while suitably preparing it for the application of serums and targeted treatments. Added Vitamins C and E provide antioxidant protection to keep skin looking bright and healthy all day.
How to Use: Suitable for all skin types; lightly spritz over the entire face and neck after cleansing twice a day.
#3. DR DENNIS GROSS ALPHA BETA UNIVERSAL DAILY PEEL
We L.O.V.E the glow of skin following one-month’s use of Dr Dennis Gross Alpha Beta Universal Daily Peel. It is the only peel on the market to combine five alpha- and beta-hydroxy acids (AHAs and BHAs) with potent, wrinkle-wrestling antioxidants (including retinol, ubiquinone and resveratrol). The impact of the product works with each day’s to simultaneously smooth, refine and protect your complexion. The patented two-step technology instantly improves luminosity and, with regular use, lessens depth of fine lines, reduces visibility of pores and alleviates redness to restore uniformity of tone. Perfect for anyone looking to repair signs of superficial skin damage (from acne scars to sun speckles), these age-reversing pads are suitable for all skin types and won’t cause any discomfort or unsightly ‘shedding’.
- Gentle home peel product
- Helps reveal younger, softer skin
- Dermatologist developed
- Helps reduce roughness and fights fine lines
- Supports the skin’s natural moisture barrier
How to Use:
- In the morning, apply Step 1 to clean, dry skin in circular motions from forehead to neck. Wait two minutes before applying
- Use same technique as Step 1, continuing until pad feels dry. Do not rinse or use products containing alcohol.
#4. CHARLOTTE TILBURY MAGIC SERUM CRYSTAL ELIXIR
Charlotte Tilbury needs no introduction. Had you tried earlier this year to get on the waiting list for the Magic Serum Crystal Elixir, you would have seen the long wait. But don’t freight, you can now happily get your hands on it!
Charlotte’s Magic Serum Crystal Elixir is the science your skin needs for glowing, hydrated, youthful-looking skin! The supercharged, crystal-infused formula has been designed with expert scientists and globally renowned facialists to address the most universal skin concerns and deliver clinically tested, visible results. It is ground-breaking science accessible to everyone, and to awaken your skin’s potential with the power of potent ingredients.
- 2% REPLEXIUM® – A ground-breaking peptide blend for younger-looking skin. Charlotte’s REPLEXIUM® infused formula is clinically proven to reduce the appearance of wrinkles by 34% and firm the appearance of skin by 49%.
- PLANT ADAPTOGEN EXTRACTS 0.9% – First Light Snow Lotus and Resurrection Leaf help skin to appear radiant. Adaptogens have the power to adapt to and survive the harshest conditions with their moisture-retaining powers. Using them in skincare helps to boost skin’s own barrier function which then gives skin moisture-retaining powers.
- POLYGLUTAMIC ACID 0.075% – Included at the highest recommended level, helping to significantly increase hydration of the skin by 172% after 1 hour . Over 4x more hydrating than Hyaluronic Acid, Polyglutamic Acid is a hydration powerhouse with large molecules that allow it to form a thin, moisture-loss preventing film on the skin’s surface. While improving the appearance of dryness it acts as a plumper-looking skin filter to reduce the appearance of fine lines.
- GOLDEN VITAMIN C 0.5% – Next-generation gold-powered vitamin C for brighter, even-looking skin.
- NIACINAMIDE 5% – Multi-action vitamin B3 is an essential nutrient for skin health, helping to improve the overall look of skin tone.
- SEPITONICTM M3 1% – Effective, active mineral electrolyte complex for smoother, supple-looking skin. Skin is made up of 64% water and so while drinking lots of water contributes to skin health and hydration, to keep your complexion looking its best and to effectively rehydrate your skin, you need electrolytes and minerals too.
- SQISANDRYL® 0.3% – A superfruit extract to add vitality to the skin.
#5. ANTIPODES BAPTISE H2O ULTRA-HYDRATING WATER GEL
Perfect for the Summer season, when you want to hydrate your skin moisture barrier without the thickness of a oily cream moisturiser. Antipodes Baptise H2O Ultra Hydrating Water Gel is an intensely moisturising formula that deeply quenches thirsty skin without heaviness or oiliness. The formula is easily absorbed yet powerfully hydrates skin, all day and night. It feels incredibly fresh on the skin, like being immersed in water.
- Plant-originated hyaluronic acid works with New Zealand manuka honey and harakeke gel to deeply hydrate skin
- Mamaku black fern helps regenerate and foster healthy cells
- South Pacific hibiscus flower gently exfoliates deadened skin cells to freshen your complexion
Suitable for all skin types, especially dry skin.
How to Use: Apply to freshly cleansed skin morning and night.
#6. ANTIPODES KIWI SEED GOLD LUMINOUS EYE CREAM
GLOW says WOW.
Antipodes Kiwi Seed Gold Luminous Eye Cream contains pure 23K gold flakes. The cream impart a warm, healthy glow while helping to lighten, brighten and calm stressed skin.
Enriched with Vitamin C from the New Zealand superfruit, Kiwifruit, the formula delivers intense moisture deep into the pores while offering antioxidant protection, shielding the skin from harmful environmental aggressors. This luxurious lotion strives to plump and firm the skin, smoothing out the appearance of fine lines or wrinkles and gracing the skin with a dewy glow. Its also fragrance free, and certified vegan by the UK Vegetarian Society.
How to Use: Best used in the morning. Lightly pat under eye.
GLOW Tip: You can also use with their sister eye cream Antipodes Kiwi Seed Oil Eye Cream – at night. Its collagen-boosting formula helps moisturise and soften fine lines. The combined result of both eye creams is brighter, more youthful eyes that shine.